PSY is very famous Korean singer. Lots of people have seen his music video. "Gentleman"
His music video can be very powerful media. Students, too. My students also like PSY, and his new song "Gentleman"
But in his lyrics, there are some sentences that are unpleasant to me. ( Because of my job-teacher?)
알랑가 몰라 왜 미끈해야하는건지
알랑가 몰라 왜 쌔끈해야하는건지
....
있잖아 말이야
너의 머리 허리 다리 종아리 말이야
Good! feeling feeling? Good! 부드럽게 말이야
아주 그냥 헉소리나게 악소리 나게 말이야
Damn! Girl! I’m a party mafia!
In English,
I don't know if you know why it needs to be waxy
I don't know if you know why it needs to be sexy
...
Hey there Your head, waist, legs, calves
Good ! Feeling feeling Good! It's soft.
I'll make you gasp. I'll make you scream
Damn! Girl! I’m a party mafia!
If an ordinary people says these, it would be less problem. But it is PSY. Many Koreans search this lyrics. I think it is a kind of streotyping ideals of people, especially women(because in the movie, womens wearing bikinis and they are very good shape). we think people should be sexy, waxy....
Songs put emphasis on extrinsic factors-beauty of extrinsic.
Not only this song, many songs too.
And it is issue that young teenage idols competitvely appeal sexy icons.
Who concetrate on these young teenages? , also young Students.
Especially young students can follow this imagery without critical thinking, adults too.
It's very dangerous thing.
=============================
Is this sexual harassment? How does Psy reproduce or question "gender relations" ,"women" to me, to my students ?
No comments:
Post a Comment